The fontscafe.com 25-bites-or-less cookies policy:
A brief, fun, vintage fontscafe.com look at cookies:
In the city of Prato (not far south of the Lombardy region of Italy, where the first Fonts Café font designs were born) cookies are called biscotti. They're twice-baked, oblong, dry, dunkable, crunchy almond biscuits that often arrive aside an espresso, whose birthplace was virtually "just down the road," in Milan.
Biscotti cookie and coffee photo courtesy Liliana Fuchs
But the Internet was not born in Italy and nor was the modern, virtual cookie. It was born in the USA — land of cookies made from magical mixtures of sugar, chocolate chips, flour, sweetened coconut, raisins and ginger (like the kind you'll find in the gingerbread man cookie illustration in our Hand Christmas Doodle font) and baked with love by moms and grandmothers wearing calico and gingham aprons decorated with teacups, hearts, ponies and peaches.
Aprons on a clothesline image photo courtesy Lisa Yarost
Like their real cookie cousins, web cookie ingredients and recipes vary, from cookies to cookies to cookies.
- where in the world you are from,
- how long you stay at fontscafe.com and on which pages,
- which individual fonts, elements, designs or packs seem to interest you,
- which stories you read and whether you comment,
- what clickable things you click,
- and whether you continue on to our Facebook or Pinterest pages.
Familiar cookie examples:
- Whenever you agree to letting a site "remember" you, that's a cookie.
- When you tell Google it's okay to "always translate Italian websites into English for you," it takes a cookie to do that.
- When you let a website know your location. Presto! Cookie!
- And if you find yourself almost always logged in when you visit your favourite shopping site… cookie!
For a more definitive guide to Internet cookies visit Wikipedia's HTTP cookie page.
Revisions to this Fonts Café policy:
Fonts Café reserves the right to revise any and all of our policies, including this one, at any time. We will post a notice of any changes here, in our subscribers area and include it in our regular mailings to registered users (where we also post links to subscriber-only free fonts, elements and fun!)
Last amended: December 1, 2015 (amm)